16 March 2012

Kingdom of Heaven


Last night I watched "The Kingdom of Heaven" (again).

 Actually, it was more a case of the TV was in the background as I spent a couple of hours in Ebay and Gumtree looking at the gorgeous musical instruments that were for sale there.. Not to buy.. I just enjoyed looking.

Something that was said in the movie caught my attention.. it was quite meaningful.. so I thought Id leave it here for others to ponder.

 "But remember that, even when those who move you be kings or men of power, your soul is in your keeping alone. When you stand before God you cannot say "but I was told by others to do thus" or that "virtue was not convenient at the time." This will not suffice. Remember that."
 King Baldwin IV

and another quite profound quote

"I put no stock in religion. By the word religion I have seen the lunacy of fanatics of every denomination be called the will of god. Holiness is in right action, and courage on behalf of those who cannot defend themselves, and goodness. What God desires is here and here and what you decide to do every day will make you a good man...or not.

Hospitaller

Melissa sings a beautiful song here.. no relationship to the film.



No comments:

Post a Comment